You are currently browsing the archives for the HowTo category.
Short URLs for maps
Xm.my lets you create a URL on any place that you want to shorten and want to share with others. It also creates a QR-code for mobile scanning.
Application site: http://xm.my
Process time: 1 minute
Step-1. Go to the XM.my site.
Step-2. Type in any place by its name under choose location on the box provided [...]
According to NetworkWorldAsia’s tests, Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) after installed the Google’s new Chrome Frame plug-in was nearly 10 times faster than just IE8 on its own.
We are impressed by the results but we have not [...]
Thunderbird is a good email reader application. It has the anti-spam learning facility each time you mark messages as spam, Thunderbird improves its filtering so you can spend more time reading the mail that matters.
Thunderbird will also use your mail provider’s spam filters to keep junk mail out of your box.
Here is the instructions how [...]
Source Technology Limited have applied the hong kong chinese domain name 設計網頁.hk , and also setup properly the web site www.設計網頁.hk
For the instructions how to setup the DNS as follows:
1. Check the punycode of the chinese domain name, e.g. in this link.
This conversion tool enables the conversion of Chinese Domain Name [...]
How to Protect Web Form (e.g. contact us, enquiry) from SPAM
* Guestbook Spam
* Blog Spam
* Wiki Spam
* Comment Spam
* Feedback Form Spam
* Other Types of Web Form Spam
Spam robots (bots) spider the web and collect all emails they find. The only way to protect the email is to hide it with an image or [...]
1. Open Outlook Express
2. Go to “工具”
3. Go to “選項”
4. Go to “維護”
5. Then you press the button “郵件檔資料夾”
6. You can see a path that is saved your Email.
7. After you write down the path, you may close the Outlook Express.
8. You can open “檔案總管” or “Windows Explorer” and go to the path, then copy [...]
e.g. how to find the path of the command php
simply type “whereis php” in the linux prompt
1. e.g. scp pub.tar.gz to testing @ 18.104.22.168 and current folder.
scp pub.tar.gz firstname.lastname@example.org:.
2. e.g. scp the public_html folder and recursively to the email@example.com current folder.
scp -r ./public_html firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: use -v for the verbose mode
1. Compress a folder (e.g. public_html) to be a tar and gzip archive file
tar -czvf pub.tar.gz ./public_html
2. Uncompress tar file to the current folder
zcat ./pub.tar.gz | tar xvf -